Thursday, November 17, 2011

Drew University Comics panel : and a note from a friend

7/12/10

"Dear Tara, OK, seriously, I already had it on the to-do list to read these interviews with you before you sent this message. And then I JUST saw what happened to Harvey today. I'm so sorry to hear the news. He sounds like he was an amazing guy and someone who influenced you greatly for the better...and people like that just don't come along that often in our lives."

The note above comes from a friend from high school. Someone I looked up to because this person was/is incredibly intelligent and had amazing people skills. He ended up becoming a journalist and I wonder if I wasn't influenced by him in some ways. The message he sent me the day Harvey died (along with tons of other heartfelt notes I received) this was very simple but incredibly true. It made me feel a little better when I
didn't think anything could. Every person we pick to be in our lives is significant. From High school friends to adulthood guru's. Pick the people in your life carefully, because it becomes meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment